Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Happy Guy Richard





One of my earlier post was about a stuff member of Washburn. Washburn has a pretty big campus where have a lot of people for maintenance. Today here I will introduce you guys with another wonderful guy, who provides us with a nice clean facility.
Richard Schumacher
The name is Richard Schumacher. Work as a custodian of the Henderson building at Washburn University. He was born in Selina, Ks and raised in Topeka Ks. He spend most of his life in the town. He graduated from Hayden High School, went to college but didn’t get to finish it. Richard has good skill with motor vehicle, therefore he used to own an automobile shop. However it didn’t work very well for him, so he quit. His goal was to open his own shop, which he did very successfully but closed it later. Because he found this job at Washburn. It seems a better opportunity to him, good pay, facility, retirement plan, less stress and things of that nature. This job is the best job he have in his life. He loves working here, he mentioned the students, and faculty members are great in here. He never felt disrespected by anyone around (Good job Ichabod’s, let’s keep it up).
 He is fairly new, works full time. Just from my curiosity I asked, if there is anything he would like to change about his job? He replied; University had done it for so long that they had figured it out very well. He is provided with all the up to date equipment that is out there for that specific task. Everything has a dark side as well, in that case I wanted to know his least favorite task in his duty. Now, He is in charge of cleaning the Mabee Library’s bathrooms during the weekends. He doesn’t mind doing it, but sometimes it gets gross especially the Men. We can make it a little easier for those people just by doing what we are actually supposed to do like we do at home. After all we are the ones who will be reusing it later on.
Richard is very friendly to talk with. Best thing about him in my opinion, he is very grateful with what he have. I am pretty sure this guy was smiling the entire time I was talking with him. I am glad I had a chance to talk with him. Another thing I found very interesting is “he was asking me questions as well.” All over he is an amazing guy who is performing a very important role here.
MESSAGE FOR DR. STOVER from RICHARD SCHUMACHER: He requested me to let Dr. Stover  know that Richard is her custodian. He thinks Dr. Stover is AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment